Saturday, November 14, 2009

Rant: 'End of the World' Predictions

Ok, so I'm gonna do a rant now, which is pretty rare for me, so yeah.

And I'm not gonna rant about pissy friends at school. o-o I'm gonna do something more general which is (read the title).

Okay, so yeah, now everybody ranging from superstitious scientists to the guy next door is talking about 2012 or the so-called end of the world.

Yeah, and they said 2000 was the end of the world too.

"Oh, wow! 2000 was such a horrible apocalypse! I went to KINDERGARTEN! Then I learnt to write and my English.... IMPROVED! OH NOES! I hope 2012 won't be that bad!!!!"

Sheesh.

"BUT IT WAS JUST SOME BIBLICAL PREDICTIONS! NOW, THIS IS SCIENTIFIC STUFF!!!!"

Yeah, and it just so happens to be on 21/12/2012. Ooh, what a nice date. All 1's and 2's. Just like 7/7/2007 and 6/6/2006. Well, I guess if we're gonna end the world, we should pick a nice date right????

Bleh.

Human prophecies aren't accurate, even if they have scientific studies to back them up. And I don't think they determined the date through scientific studies only. They still used the Mayan Calendar to prove their point, which ends at this particular date.

"BUT THE POLLUTION! AND THE GLOBAL WARMING! AND OZONE LAYER! AND...."

Yeah, well, all those will probably cause the Earth to asplode. BUT.... did any of them make a hint that the world would end EXACTLY on 2012? No, right?

And now I'll bring the Bible into this. It's clearly said that no one knows when the End of the World will take place. NOT. EVEN. JESUS. Only the Father knows. Because if the humans were to be warned of the end of the world beforehand, then won't it cause widespread panic? Heck, now, humans are already causing themselves widespread panic OVER NOTHING by making these predictions.

Oh, and....

http://www.bible.ca/pre-date-setters.htm

OH SO NOW THERE'S 220 END OF THE WORLDS! KEWL!

=_=

1 comment:

Kiri Sousuke said...

You know, it's just....don't mind them if you don't think it's true =\
Just relax and enjoy the film....
But on another note, 2000? I always thought it was 2001 o.o